Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Interview: Michael From the Economic Collapse Blog



The Independent (TI):  Today we have Michael of The Economic Collapse Blog, and other sites.  Tell us a little about yourself and what you do.
Michael (M): Well, a few years ago I was working as an attorney right in the heart of Washington D.C., and I didn't enjoy it very much.  I could see the corruption all around me, but I didn't know what I could do about it.  Eventually I started blogging, and at first very, very few people saw what I wrote.  But I stuck with it, and eventually I started The Economic Collapse Blog.  That site really struck a cord, because millions of people were hurting economically, and many of them realized that they were not getting the truth from the mainstream media.  These days people are seeking out alternative sources of information, and my site is one of the alternative news sites that has become very, very popular.  Unlike most people that write about economics, I try to write on a level that the "man on the street" can actually understand.  My wife and I now live in Idaho, and I spend my days writing.  I really enjoy what I do now, and I feel very blessed to live in such a beautiful area of the country.

TI:  The Economic Collapse Blog is hugely popular, but some may not be aware of your other sites, can you tell us about them?
M:  Sure.  I also have a site called The American Dream (http://endoftheamericandream.com/) where I write about a broader array of topics than I do on The Economic Collapse Blog.  I try to keep The Economic Collapse Blog primarily focused on Economics.  I also have a third site called The Truth (http://thetruthwins.com/) which I am taking in a new direction.  It is going to be focused on the kinds of things that would be discussed on the X-Files or Coast to Coast AM.  Hopefully people will enjoy the new direction that I am taking that site in.

TI:  Let's talk about your book, The Beginning of The End.  Give us an overview.
M:  For a long time, so many people have been asking me about what the coming economic collapse is going to look like.  In this book, I have tried to take so much of what I have learned over the years and paint a picture of what I believe the future of America is going to look like.  It is a mystery/thriller, and a lot of people have told me that they have really, really enjoyed it, but it also has a deeper purpose.

TI:  What is the goal of the book?  Is it strictly for entertainment, or do you hope people are able to take away something more?
M:  I call the book "fact-tion".  Yes, hopefully people find the book entertaining, but I am also try to communicate a tremendous amount of truth at the same time.  My goal was to create something that people from our entertainment-addicted society would be willing to pick up and read.  And these days, everyone loves a good story.  The examples are endless - Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, etc. etc [TI adds:  and the Western Front!].  I hope that people will deeply enjoy the story, but I also hope that it will cause many of them to wake up.

TI:  Where do you see the country 5 years from now?  What should people be doing to prepare for the future?
M:  I fear that this country is going to look much, much different five years from now.  In the short-term I strongly recommend that people build up an emergency fund.  If you lose your job or your business fails, you will be really glad that you have a cushion of cash to fall back on.  In the long-term, anything that people can do to become more independent of the system is a good thing.  That includes moving away from heavily populated areas, storing food and supplies, installing alternative energy system and stockpiling gold and silver.

TI:  Anything you’d like to add before we go?
M: I hope that people will check out the book.  It is available on Amazon.com right here.  If people enjoy the book, I hope that they will consider giving it to their family and friends.  Because that is who I really wrote the book for - the people that are still not awake yet.  I didn't just want to "preach to the choir" with this book.  I wanted it to be a book that will touch lives and wake people up. 

And thank you for the interview.  I love the work that you are doing and I hope that your audience will continue to grow.


TI:  Thanks Michael, for stopping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment